If you aren’t too inclined to download another app just to play YouTube videos on android smartphone, you can use the default web browser on your phone itself. Here’s how:
- Open Google Chrome or the Firefox browser on your Android.
- Open the youtube.com website and search for any video or playlist.
- Go to the browser menu and choose “Desktop Site” to switch to the desktop version of the YouTube website.
- Tap the play button to start the YouTube video and then switch to any other app on your phone.
- YouTube will stop playback. No problem. Just pull down the notification bar and tap the play icon in the drawer to resume playback.
That’s it. YouTube will now play in the background while you multi-task.